Saturday, August 9, 2014

Good Bye Summer, Hello Purpose and Planning


“The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.” 
― Marcel Proust

 Our summer was very good...one of the best we've ever had as a family. I think part of this is due to the World Cup and our son Brady finally being able to truly bond with his daddy. Brady is obsessed with countries...Zac is obsessed with soccer. When the two come together...magic happens. :) Several weeks later and the bond is still going strong, so much that Brady and Zac actually went to a soccer field this morning and exercised and did drills together for over a hour! To some families, this may be just an ordinary Saturday. For us, it is kind of a miracle that our son was outdoors that long, that he was having fun, and that he was truly connected with another person, and that he was joyful doing something that was outside of his "box."
 I give thanks.

Our school year started last week and I'm really excited about the opportunity to refocus on creativity and learning and getting out of myself and into my littles more purposefully. Pinterest is coming to my aid in a whole new way. My blogging break is done....I hope to be able to share photos and what we are learning very soon.

~Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment