Friday, February 24, 2017

Gratitude on Friday

Raindrops on roses
And whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things
Cream-colored ponies and crisp apple strudels
Doorbells and sleigh bells
And schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings
These are a few of my favorite things
Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver-white winters that melt into springs
These are a few of my favorite things
When the dog bites
When the bee stings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad
- Julie Andrews ( Sound of Music)

Here are a few of my favorite things from this week...


~ Deep belly laughs
~ long messy hair
~ missing teeth in little mouths (not to be confused with missing teeth in large mouths)



~ my new rice cooker (I've used it everyday for two weeks - life changing)
~ morning oatmeal
~ Buddha bowls (rice, your choice of bean or tofu, tons of veggies topped with siracha)



~ romaine hearts
~ sweet cherry tomatoes
~ creamy avacado
Do I talk about food too much? 
Never. 



~ a bowl as  big as my head...waiting to be filled
~ cobalt blue
~ yiruma radio on Pandora
~ spices and sauces and soups oh my


~ brown rice, pintos, garbanzo, navy...and black 
~ variety
~ nourishing flavors 
~ Egyptian licorice tea


~ salads,
 crisp and green and tender
~ color, texture, fresh
~ the last sunlight of the day
~ city lights twinkling in the distance



~ GEMS
~ minerals
~ earth
~ feeling the sun on my back as my foot steps on the shovel, then lifting up the black soil and tossing it over...giving it air, letting it breathe
~ the smell of earth
~ feeling connected to my husband, my children, my universe, my God, myself
~ my view from the deck
~ tops of trees, and their middles, and their base


~ bringing the outside in
~ shadow boxes with rocks ( just used gorilla glue...needed to use a little less - I didn't realize the glue expanded haha)
~ baskets of pinecones
~ my collection of sticks (I'll never grow up...never never never)

~ stacks of quilts
~ pottery filled with pebbles
~ books from the early 1900's (how many people have held these before me....where did they live...what did they add to the world? A garden? A child? Love?)
~ photo albums filled with the gifts of my life 


~ thrift store finds
~ vintage little golden books circa 1950
~ illustrations
~ adding history to my home


~ tiny indoor gardens
~ putting together something simple but something lovely
(I found this little planter at Marshalls and just added some dirt, tiny pebbles and artificial succulents)
~ glass ... I love glass
~ the sound of the rain, soft falling snow
~ seeing my littles learn
~ seeing them play
~seeing them work
~ just seeing them



~ my yoga practice...my arms using their own strength to become stronger, deep breaths,
meditating not on myself but on my Creator and the many gratitude's of my heart
~ beads
~ knuckles...i just love knuckles

What are a few of your favorite things from this week?
Happy Friday Friends

“Cultivate the habit of being grateful for every good thing that comes to you, and to give thanks continuously. And because all things have contributed to your advancement, you should include all things in your gratitude.” 
― Ralph Waldo Emerson

“Piglet noticed that even though he had a Very Small Heart, it could hold a rather large amount of Gratitude.” 
― A.A. MilneWinnie-the-Pooh

“If the only prayer you said was thank you, that would be enough.” 
― Meister Eckhart

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever.
- Psalm 136:1



2 comments:

  1. I too am such a fan of Julie Andrews and I loved this whole post! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful and soul filling post. I am grateful for the sun, the sand and the ocean, my little man and the daily lessons I am gifted from him, tea, good healthy delicious food, friends...my chosen family, making the time and space to be creative, for feeling supported and loved, for learning new things, and for the abundance in my life right now.

    I hope you have the most beautiful start to your week. xo

    ReplyDelete