Thursday, September 22, 2016

Let's

Let's hold on to each other my little ones.
Let's adventure together,
Let's breathe in deeply
puffed out chests and noses upward drinking in the air
Let's go.


Let's look up,
way way up.
Let's find the sun, watch the racing clouds, dream climb 
Let's go.
Race ya.




My little loves,
let's feel what's around us.
Touch the bark of the trees, let sticky sap glue your fingers together,
let's sew with pine needles and braid the green strands together,
Let's feel the movements of the earth, of the air. 



Let's dance my little ones. 
Let's hold hands and trudge through hot sand and just dance
Let's dance with toes and legs and hips and spines and arms
Let's dance with smiles


Allow us to be thankful
Let's give thanks my little love, my squirrel, koala and bug.
We live in such an inspiring world
Let's give thanks by dancing, feeling, seeing 
My Beauties...
Let's give thanks.


Let's love each other, my babies
Let's be others focused and not self absorbed
Let's love big
Outstretched arms, giving hearts, generous with our praise 
Can we love?


Let's celebrate 


Let's celebrate rippling creeks winding their way out of a dark cold hidden caverns,
 twisting and turning and reaching light.
 Let's celebrate water, let's celebrate change. 
Let's push through the darkness.
Let's praise the Light.


Oh my love,
you are forever mine.
Let's be together forever.
Let's always explore the earth, together
You in your meticulous, quiet observant way
Me in my laughing twirling way.
Let's absorb eachother's energy
Let's not take it for granted
Let's be together forever, my love.


Let's be still my littles, my love, myself.
Let's just be still.





Let's see and feel and explore and dance and love and then...

 let's be still


“Feel your emotions,
Live true your passions,
Keep still your mind.” 
― Geoffrey M. Gluckman


Go outside. Don’t tell anyone and don’t bring your phone. Start walking and keep walking until you no longer know the road like the palm of your hand, because we walk the same roads day in and day out, to the bus and back home and we cease to see. We walk in our sleep and teach our muscles to work without thinking and I dare you to walk where you have not yet walked and I dare you to notice. Don’t try to get anything out of it, because you won’t. Don’t try to make use of it, because you can’t. And that’s the point. Just walk, see, sit down if you like. And be. Just be, whatever you are with whatever you have, and realise that that is enough to be happy. 
There’s a whole world out there, right outside your window. You’d be a fool to miss it.” 
― Charlotte Eriksson


Let's walk my littles


Let's appreciate art, textures...fabrics.


Can we stop the car? Oh please?
Let's stop the car, 
at unexpected places,
 and take pictures of other people's blessings.
Let's thank God for their blessings and make them our own.
I will forever have a red barn with a yard full of pumpkins framed in sunflowers.
Thank You.


Let's skip rocks bug, 
let's collect unnoticed treasure.


Let's delight in the ordinary that is extraordinary.



“I’ll tell you another secret, this one for your own good. You may think the past has something to tell you. You may think that you should listen, should strain to make out its whispers, should bend over backward, stoop down low to hear its voice breathed up from the ground, from the dead places. You may think there’s something in it for you, something to understand or make sense of.
But I know the truth: I know from the nights of Coldness. I know the past will drag you backward and down, have you snatching at whispers of wind and the gibberish of trees rubbing together, trying to decipher some code, trying to piece together what was broken. It’s hopeless. The past is nothing but a weight. It will build inside of you like a stone.
Take it from me: If you hear the past speaking to you, feel it tugging at your back and running its fingers up your spine, the best thing to do—the only thing— is run.” 
― Lauren OliverDelirium


Let's enjoy today





There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle
 - Albert Einstein

1 comment:

  1. Alyssa, that is one beautiful blog post. I loved the photos and the words. Your family is gorgeous and your adventures are inspiring. I hope all your days are filled with so much beauty and wonder.
    x

    ReplyDelete