Friday, September 13, 2013

When Life Gives You Rain

 
 We have not floated away in the 11 inches of rain that have FREELY fallen for the last three days or so. Part of me wanted to drift away (imagine four kids in a house for three days. Ready...go! Anyone own a life raft?)


 No boats around here. I did the next best thing... I made fudge. Delicious raw fudge - the kind you don't have to feel tooooo guilty about because it's all pretty much good for you. It takes 1/2 cup of coconut oil, 1/4 cup of raw honey, 1/2 cup of cacao and a little bit of vanilla and 1/2 cup of peanut butter. Mix, pour into a 9x9 pan lined with wax paper and pop in the freezer or fridge. Stay tuned....the perfection is purely awesome.


 The littles did some school and skipped some school...they did some crafts and some running up stairs and some couch jumping....a little bit of whining and a whole bunch of grazing....


  We created this little button tree - a super simple idea that kids can do (it takes a LOT of buttons though.) All you need is a tree form (floral department at craft stores), a sack of buttons and some push pins. Easy peasy.


 And here's the before mentioned "perfection." Absolutely delicious and decadent and mildly sweet and so full of good fats it makes me swoon. I love that it's cold and it starts melting on your fingers as it reaches room temperature.


 Today there was sunshine and hopefully some relief to all of our flooded neighbors in nearby counties. Our roads were closed all Thursday and some of them still closed today. Brady said to me "when is this rain ever going to stop?" I told him I wasn't sure but soon. He growled. I said "listen here buddy, I can't stop the rain...so chill and enjoy - this ain't a battle we can win." I know, I'm so brutally blunt - but truthful right?
 Here's to sunny skies and orange trees here in the near future!

“Do not be angry with the rain; it simply does not know how to fall upwards.” 
― Vladimir Nabokov

No comments:

Post a Comment