Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Farewells and Hellos

   This morning is chilly...the temperature dropped from a record high of 94 degrees on Sunday to today a high of 62. I am in heaven. Last night I took a quick trip to Hobby Lobby to pick up some supplies for our first fall project...hopefully to start today while Zac is at work. I made my first pot of "fall soup" last night...and also my first cup of fall Vanilla Chamomile tea. Ahhh...I just love firsts that later become *regulars.*
 And then in the last hour of daylight, a stroll about the yard and a farewell to the roses...

 ...a good bye to the summer tomatoes and a quick "hello" to the fall tomatoes...

 ...and then bright blue eyes, a happy boy that got to spend a much needed afternoon with his mama at Starbucks and then at the library...we love dates!

 .... and then opening a package from my parents and finding pretty earrings for their "Springtime" and a little box that says "I'm happy you're my daughter " .... a nice reminder when I look at my kitchen windowsill that someone very far away loves me. 


And to end the night, football and embroidering with this handsome gent....feeling slightly sad that he wouldn't be next to me when I wake up the next morning but so thankful he is with me and will love me for the rest of my life. I love my faithful hunky husband.

 And last but not least...is that a squirrel up in that tree? 
 Nope...just my cowgirl. 

 Happy ALMOST fall everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment